Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Power of "No"!


Taken from Mastin at The Daily Love.com

"If the Uni-verse always supported a life lived towards achieving dreams, how big would you dream?"   - Jackson Kiddard

I've written a lot about how important it is to say YES to your dreams. But part of saying YES to your dreams is learning how to say NO to what doesn't fit into your vision.

My life coach, Laurie Gerber at The Handel Group, has been teaching me a lot about this. Recently she told me "The more powerful the no, the more powerful the yes." This is a powerful statement.

I like saying yes and I don't like letting people down. But TDL has grown to a point where it's impossible for me to say yes to everything. In working with Laurie we're really focusing on what my top priorities are and then weeding out the rest.

Its sooooo hard for me to say no, 'cuz I get excited, I love life and I have a curious mind. But when I remember my dream and get clear about the priorities of what I have to do to manifest that dream, and get real with myself about how much time all those priorities take, it becomes obvious that the word 'no' will be used more in my life.

This is along the same lines as yesterday's blog, which was all about saying no to the good to leave room for the great.

As we move along The Path, we will come across all kinds of fun and fancy distractions that will seem cool, but ultimately take us away from our goals. So today, I want you to really think about and get clear about what you want and why you want it. Then, make a list of the 10 things you have to do next to achieve the things you want. Then, look at all your other commitments and start looking for opportunities to say no to things that don't fit into your dream.

If you're like me, you really don't like saying no, especially to people you love and care about. But alas, this is the Seeker's predicament: how long do we want to put off our dreams? Let's not wait another day! Today let's celebrate saying no! Not because we are selfish, not because we don't care, but because it's time for us to get about the business of making our dreams a reality.

So, what can you say no to today?

Lots of love,

Mastin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment