Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Accept our Worth

"I shut my eyes in order to see."  - Paul Gauguin

I have strongly desired to dive deeper with The Daily Love community, which is why I setup a new email address WhatImGoingThru@TheDailyLove.com  - this email is an opportunity for TDL readers to send us an email and let go of what they are going through in their lives. I personally read each email and am doing my best to respond to every email. We have received hundreds and hundreds of emails since this option was made available a couple days ago. It's so beautiful to see what everyone is going through within the community.

There is a common theme that I am seeing throughout many of the responses that is very prevalent in my life as well.

There is this notion that we feel we have to prove our love to other people.

One of the themes of my life right now is, "Love is not asking us to prove our worth, but to accept it."

Many have written in who have said they had chosen to be in a relationship with someone who THEY KNEW from the beginning wasn't the right person for them. Yet, they proceeded anyway, many times, to try to change the other person. I've been there. It's a part of the journey we all must go through to be able to pick people, over and over again, wounding ourselves because we are trying to prove our love.

The bottom line is this: when we know and see our own value, we will attract people who do, too.

So, let us set a new intention for our relationships: to honor and cherish ourselves and to no longer prove our worth, but accept it. Let's step into letting go of people who do not see our worth, not because we are selfish, but because we now love ourselves enough to let go.

Do you have the courage to truly accept your worth today? In doing so, who would you let go of? And who would you welcome in?

Lots of love,

Mastin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment