Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turn Disappointment to Success!


Taken from Mastin at The Daily Love.com

We've all had major disappointments in life. Things didn't go the way you REALLY, REALLY wanted them to. Maybe a job fell through, that person you had a mad crush on likes someone else or you got a NO when you really wanted to hear a YES.

Enter disappointment.

Depending on the level of our attachment to an outcome, disappointments can range from just slightly disappointing to heart breaking.

No matter what you're going through, don't see this momentary NO and a final NO. When The Uni-verse says NO to us, it is invariably part of a greater YES that we cannot yet see.

So, what do we do in the meantime with the feelings that are left over from letdown, heartbreak and disappointment? Well - you have two choices, you can either choose to self-destruct through ramping up your addiction du jour, or you can choose to take the anger, sadness, confusion and disappointment and channel it towards fulfilling your dreams.

The contrast of not getting what you want fills us with energy (usually anger, sadness, etc). This energy and these emotions are powerful. If we ignore them, then they can get the best of us. Every addiction and negative habit we have at its root is an avoidance of ourselves. So, when things don't go our way, when we feel let down, we our hearts break, we can tend to run from those emotions, instead of facing them and using them to push us forward.

There have been a few times in my life where I have been truly shattered: twice because of girls and once because of a business partner. The first time my heart was broken, I allowed it to get the best of me. I went out more, drank more and ignored my feelings. But that didn't bear any good fruit, just more sadness, more anxiety and more negativity.

I learned about Kundalini Yoga and it changed my life. Doing Kundalini helped me face my negative emotions and actually rid my body of them. From that point forward I've had two major "disappointments", but what I've done has been to channel that energy into fueling my dreams. I had a business partnership that didn't work out. My whole identity was based on this business working out; everything I believed, everything I knew was this business and it faded away. I realized that I was more than just my circumstances.

I was angry, I was sad and I couldn't understand why. But what I did know is that I had a choice; I could choose to self-implode (again) or I could use that energy to build my dreams. Anger can be a positive motivator sometimes. Anger isn't always bad. I believe it's important to celebrate what motivates us.

Using the pain of disappointment to push you even further towards your dreams is a wonderful use of that energy.

So, how do you do it? You take care of yourself, first and foremost. Try Kundalini Yoga, eating an Alkaline Diet, hydrating well and exercise. Get your program down. Then take all those emotions and get busy creating. Those emotions are the primal force of The Uni-verse that exists within you. That energy can be used to make something beautiful or tear down your life. That choice of how to use the primal energy of your emotions is up to you.

Today I challenge you to use your setbacks as gifts, giving you even greater energy to push forward. Channel your feelings towards creating something beautiful, positive and productive. Let go of how you thought things should turn out and get about the business of creating your dreams.

Sometimes The Uni-verse shakes us to wake us. Use disappointments as opportunities to push through.

This energy is within you - how you use it is up to you. I challenge you to use it for creating something valuable, something beautiful, something that will erase the feelings of letdown that you are currently feeling and instead be a beacon for Love, for inspiration and for hope.

Love,

Mastin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment