Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

►►► Throwback Thursday! ►►► This is a Priority!

Greetings!
 
I received an e-mail from a friend this week
who said words that have resonated with me.
She said "Natasha, this is a priority..."
 
Me being the wordy nerd that I am, focused
on the word 'priority' which means to give
special attention, which is what I'm hoping
you will do for me today.
 
Luciano, great Reggae singer of songs that has
consistently uplifted listeners, the man who is
behind closed doors as he is in music; the healer
of many, the player of an instrument, he, will be
releasing his album 'United States  of Africa'
on August 3rd, 2010, and he is the priority.
 
The chune "Moving On" is the first release from
the album, and an instant classic.  My guess is
that the riddim is a Peckings original riddim, and
the introductory voice is from Shorty the President,
a well known DJ from President Sound System
from August Town, Jamaica.  I know some of you
will let me know if I'm close with my guess, or way
off!
 
With these uplifting words:  "As I travel on Life's
road / making my way home / with no one to
lend a hand / I often trod alone / and though it
seems so hard / I'll travel on / I've already come
this far / so I'll journey on...  Jah he holds me by
my hand / guide me on my way / Angel's light
each step I take / cause me not to stray..."
 
Combine those words with Luciano's voice, and
the melodic instrumentation of the riddim, and
we have the recipe for a HIT record!
 
Broadcasting at 320kbps, catch Luciano's
"Moving On" from his album 'United States of
Africa' which will be released on August 3rd,
2010 here:
 
P.S.  After you've listened to the chune, please
send me your feedback so I can pass it on! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment